Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Refreshing Alternative Birthday Present - Gifts for a Cause


So as I was tweeting and facebooking this morning, I saw this post come across my fb feed posted by the Lions Gate Hospital Foundation. The foundation had posted a pic about 14 year old Courtnie Baek's wish to donate all her birthday money to the LionsGateHospitalFoundation in hopes that it would go to a better use, and it got me thinking... what a fantastic idea! I was so encouraged to see a teen girl, dressed in a private school uniform, deciding that instead of collection more items and things, request to put the money spent on her towards a better cause. In this day and age where people are constantly wanting more more more more... here we have a surprising example of selfless giving... and one that I think more of us could do. Sure, Courtnie could have gotten a few more pairs of shoes and jeans, but instead, she helped contribute to the constant needs of LGH - and that is the best gift anyone could give... hope.

To continue following LGHF, check out their fb page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lions-Gate-Hospital-Foundation/155580828694?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment